Most people do not like having dry lips. Dry lips lead to cracked, chapped lips, and they can be painful and not very attractive. If you’re anything like us here at D’Scent Essentials, we enjoy keeping our lips soft and moist. And with the change in weather approaching, you need to know why keeping moist lips is beneficial for you.
Taken from Masterclass.com and Self.com, here are some great tips for you to keep your lips soft, healthy, and moist:
- Drink water – Water is one of the building blocks of our lives. Without it, we would all perish. Not only does water keep your skin hydrated, it also helps keep your lips hydrated, as well. So, if you’re not a big water-drinker, add a lemon or orange slice for a little citrus flavor. Your lips will thank you!
- Don’t lick or bite your lips excessively – I know some people, when they get nervous, might bite or chew on their lips anxiously. Some people just bite their lips out of habit. Doing that too frequently may cause your lips to bleed. Try to reduce and eliminate that habit. Applying an unpleasant- (although safe) tasting balm to your lips might help reduce the chances of you biting your lips.
- Apply a cleansing scrub to remove dry skin on the lips – Moving forward with the above advice, instead of biting your lips, you can also create a lip scrub at home, using sugar and Coconut Oil. Mix together and GENTLY apply and massage into your lips. The scrub will remove the dead skin on your lips, and you don’t have to worry about them being dry afterwards!
- Use a humidifier in your home – Having a humidifier increases moisture in your home. It can help with respiratory issues and skin issues. Using a humidifier also allows your lips to retain some moisture, especially if the air around you is usually dry.
- Be careful of “lip-plumping” products – Some of those products contain irritants that can cause your lips to chap or become very dry. Steer clear of those products, and use natural ingredients like Vitamin E, beeswax, or Shea Butter to get that plumpness.
D’Scent Essentials offers a myriad of lip glosses and chap sticks for those who want to look glamourous while still enjoying that moisturizing feeling on the lips. Come check out our products at www.dscente.com.