Although D’Scent Essentials is scaling back their hair care products, we still want our Essential Elite to take care of their hair. During the holiday season, things can get stressful, which can cause hair breakage if you’re not treating your hair right.
While there is no guaranteed method to completely stop hair loss, there are several home remedies that may help in managing and reducing hair loss. It's important to note that the effectiveness of these remedies can vary from person to person, and consulting with a healthcare professional is advisable for persistent or severe hair loss. Here are some tips and advice that may help:
- Healthy Diet – Make sure your diet is rich in vitamins and minerals, particularly vitamins that are important for hair growth, like Vitamin A, C, D, and E, as well as iron, zinc, and omega-3 fatty acids.
- Proper Hair Care – Use a mild, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner suitable for your hair type. Try not to use excessive heat when styling your hair, and be gentle when brushing your hair, so that you don’t increase the hair breakage.
- Essential Oils – D’Scent Essentials LOVES our essential oils, and we select ones that are beneficial for your hair and skin. Oils like Rosemary, Peppermint, and Lavender are believed to promote hair growth. Buy some and mix a few drops into a carrier oil like Coconut or Jojoba oil, and massage it into your hair and scalp to encourage hair strengthening and growth.
- Aloe Vera – Fresh aloe vera gel is also conducive to your hair and scalp. The gel has soothing properties and promotes a healthy scalp environment.
- Egg Masks – Eggs are rich in protein and can help strengthen hair. Create a hair mask by beating an egg and applying it to your hair and scalp. After about 20 minutes, rinse your hair thoroughly with cool water.
And as a bonus tip, try to keep your stress levels low by meditating, doing yoga exercises, or learning deep breathing techniques. These tactics are especially helpful during this time of year.
It’s important to be patient when trying home remedies, as the results may take some time. If you continue to lose hair, then seek professional help from a healthcare specialist or dermatologist for a more personalized and effective treatment plan.